Welcome to Dolphin Coast Striders!
We are delighted that you are choosing to join or renew with our Club to be part of our thriving running community on the Dolphin Coast.
Join the Club by following these easy steps!
- Register on our website and log in with your username and password.
- Go to our Shop and purchase a membership for the year, as well as an ASA license (you would need to complete that form and upload it to your purchase). Payment is via Zapper or Payfast. Once your order is placed, we will notify you when you can collect your license from the Clubhouse and kit from IMF in Ballito.
- (Click here to download) ASA Permanent License form
Once you have completed the ASA form, you can mail it to email@example.com
Club Membership fees:
R490 for a primary membership
R850 for a family membership with 2 or more licensed runners/ walkers (this is a direct family unit with children under 18)
A Pensioners discount applies to all membership applications, where the main member is > 65 years at the time of application
ASA Licence fees:
KZN licence fees R140 for adults
KZN licence fees R90 for juniors (under the age of 18)
If you apply for an ASA License, it will be issued by our Club Secretary. Allow for a 1 week lead time to get your license issued. This can be collected at our clubhouse on Thursdays at our Time trials.
Important information on how your licence and race number need to be displayed: Read Carefully
Dolphin Coast Striders banking details:
|Account Name:||Dolphin Coast Striders|
Time trail & Training.
- Our weekly time trail starts at our Club House every Thursday at 17:30 in winter (March – August) and 17:45 in summer (September – Feb). There are 4km and 8km routes which you are welcome to run or walk. Parking can be problematic, so it will be first come, first served with alternative parking near Mozambik. You are welcome to bring something to braai for the weekly social after time trial and we have a bar that accepts cash or Zapper payments. We have our Wozza Braai night on the last Thursday of every month at the Club House and meat is available to purchase and braai.
- We aim to cater for all levels of runners, from a person just wishing to finish to someone wishing to run a personal best. We have training runs every morning, except Mondays starting at 05:00 from our Club House with different groups at various running paces. Distances vary between 8km and 12km during the week and at weekends 15km and longer depending on the time of the year.
As we process your application, all members will be added to the Dolphin Coast Striders Whatapp Groups, where we have lively discussions regarding the daily training sessions, make arrangements for long runs on the weekends and discuss other events. We will also add you to the DCS Announcement Group – where we post announcements that you don’t want to miss (training programme, major club events,etc.) and there are less discussions. You can choose which chat group you want to keep.
Another option is to join our Strava community for training routes.
Our running kit and age tags is sold only on our Website and distribution is managed by the Strength Café at IMF Gym.
Our kit is available to purchase in our Shop and we accept Direct EFT, Credit Cards and Zapper upon checkout. T shirts/Vests are R400 and all shorts are R450.
All Members should wear the Club Tops when they participate, but the club shorts are optional.
Please wear any black shorts to your liking with our Club Tops. Please note that any member participating in a race in the Club Shirt, needs to purchase a license.