Our Jump Start programme
Back by popular demand!
Official Jump Start Partner:
Joining a new group can be very intimidating, especially when you are trying to get fit or just starting out. Dolphin’s Jump Start programme is designed to take the fear and intimidation out of the starting to run in a safe supportive environment. EVERYONE is welcome.
Although Comrades is a huge part of any running club in South Africa, Dolphins has been hosting our Jump Start programme for 5 consecutive years to encourage new runners. Jump Start is aimed at someone that is new to running, starting out and looking for a running goal or even someone that has run in the past but been attached to his or her couch for too long. Jump Start is designed to take the fear and intimidation out of the starting to run and we would really like to encourage anyone to come and get involved. It’s time to ignore that voice in your head that says you can’t do it!
Our launch evening via zoom will take place on 21 June 2021 at 7pm, where all information about the programme will be shared. This will take place via Zoom.
The running programme will be:
- Tuesday morning 5am
- Thursday morning 5am OR Thursday evening 17:30
- Saturday morning 7am
Jump Start Champions (mentors) will be looking after smaller groups of participants. The Jump Start Champions are experienced runners that are there to mentor and encourage you along the journey.
The programme will still build slowly from Tuesday 6 July 2021 and culminate in a running 10km event on Saturday 2 October 2021.
The cost of this AMAZING programme is R600.00 for non-members and R400 for members and includes the following:
- 3-month training programme
- Biomechanics workshop
- Celebrations along the way
- Race entry and timing bracelet.
- Logbook sent out via PDF format that you will be able to print out and track your progress.
- “Where are we now” Wednesday catch up Zoom calls which will explain the programme, Q& A and give you access to Experts and Motivational speakers
- Jump Start Champions and mentors to help you along your journey
- Membership to Dolphin Coast Striders for the rest of 2021
If you have any questions please contact us on email@example.com